Roving Chef- Nelson Hotels & Inns
We are recruiting an experienced Chef to work under the direction of the Company Executive Chef at one of the five kitchens within the company, supporting when required for short periods. This is a permanent full time role working five over seven days per week, roving between all company sites. All Company sites are within Cheshire & the Wirral.
Join a team where you will work hard but have fun along the way. You will enjoy a variety of benefits being part of our team which include:
- Competitive salary + TRONC (that’s your tips)!
- 30% staff discount on food across all 5 Nelson Hotels & Inns sites
- Excellent work/life balance – a flexible rota to suit you
- Nationally recognised qualifications & professional development
- Employee assistance programme (practical, emotional and financial support services) through the Licensed Trade Charity
- Preferential discount on hotel stays across the Nelson Hotels & Inns group
- Uniform provided, free onsite parking & free meals on shift!
We are looking for someone with the ability to deliver high quality fresh food and who also possesses the drive and enthusiasm to test new ideas, someone who is able to work well under pressure and deliver outstanding results.
We`re not always expecting the finished article but a chef who would like to be moulded and has the ability to sponge knowledge. The successful candidate will have;
- Ambition both collectively and individually.
- A healthy appetite to learn, grow and develop your skills
- Passion for delivering high quality fresh food
- The ability to bring fresh ideas that push boundaries and new concepts.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to inspire and nurture upcoming chefs and apprentices.
- Rosetted experience is desirable but not a necessity for the right person, paramount is a positive attitude, reliable nature and a friendly personality!
Due to the rural location of our 5 sites, applicants should have access to a vehicle or reliable transport methods as well as a valid driver’s license. Please note, this role involves regular evening, weekend and bank holiday work.
Sound like the role for you? Apply now!